Apple and its high-end iPhone 14 Pro Max can claim to be the fastest in terms of 5G performance, at lest in the United States and United Kingdom.
Tests carried out by Ookla, the company behind the popular Speedtest app and service, tested a number of phones to see how quickly they could move data cross 5G networks, with the iPhone 14 Pro Max taking top spot slightly ahead of the iPhone 14 Pro.
Ookla used data from its Speedtest app and only looked at devices with equal to or more than 0.5% of market share.
Our analysis examined the five fastest popular 5G devices in a given country. To be included, a device had to have a market share of greater than or equal to 0.5% of all devices and a minimum sample size of 100 devices in a given market. Each market we examined included only 5G samples from every 5G provider in a given country. That means performance most likely varies network to network and country to country, but this provides a snapshot of what you might typically expect.
The iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Pro both managed to download data faster than 175Mbps, while upload speeds were at more than 18Mbps across the board in the United States.
Speeds were slightly lower in the United Kingdom, however. Samsung’s phones made up the rest of the top five with the Galaxy Z Fold 4 being the best non-iPhone performer.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1.1 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.1.1 On iPhone And iPad Latest Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iPadOS 16.1 Final OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]