Getting your AirPods Pro charging case engraved doesn’t normally do much other than give you something new to look at when picking your earbuds up, but with AirPods Pro 2, that’s all changed.
The upgraded AirPods Pro 2 went on sale a few days ago and those who ordered with engravings are noticing that there’s a surprise — the engravings appear when the AirPods Pro 2 are being set up, paired, or connected.
While engraving has been available on AirPods and AirPods Pro for years, this is the first time that any engraving has appeared on the software side of things.
Engravings can be either text or emoji, giving people a way to tell whose AirPods are in their hands. It’s a huge deal for people who live with others who also have identically-looking AirPods, and it’s a free addition when placing an AirPods order, too.
The second generation AirPods Pro are no on sale and sell for the same $249 as the old ones did. These updates earbuds feature a new H2 chip that offers improved noise cancelation and Transparency mode support, while each earbud stem is also touchy sensitive for the first time.
That allows people to swipe the stems to increase or decrease the volume of whatever they are listening to. Previously, volume control was only available via Siri or by using the controls on the device playing the audio back.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 16.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 16 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 16.0.2 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- iOS 16 Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Hidden Features: 100+ Changes Apple Didn’t Tell Us About
- Download: iOS 16.0.2 OTA Profile File, IPSW Links Released
- Download iOS 16 Final IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus [Tutorial]